Award winning design
The striking beauty of the geometry and the pure genius of the IQlight® design fascinate the eye and have proven to be contemporary in any design era.
In 2005 the IQlight Lighting System™ was awarded the Interior Innovation Award for its innovative and original design, at the IMM furniture fair in Cologne, Germany.
The IQlight packaging, also designed by Holger Strøm, won the Danish Design Award in 2001. On the 26th of October, Holger Strøm received the award for his design of the IQlight packaging. The award was presented by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik. The new packaging was designed by Holger Strøm for a relaunch of IQlight. The awards jury agreed that the IQlight packaging was highly original and in keeping with the overall concept of IQlight.
• Staged unwrapping – the contents are gradually revealed
• Masking the contents – a customer will not buy IQlight® without first learning about the lamp in the shop
• Storage – the packing can be reused as storage for unused modules and accessories
The packing consists of:
• Inside – the cover is made from 250 gr. Ensocoat with an outward mat UV-varnish and a closing mechanism introducing the concept of assembling the lamps while keeping the 30 modules in place
• Outside – the economically constructed container is made from 330 gr. Ensocoat with an outward mat UV-varnish and a pocket folded – not glued – onto the container
• Sealing – the self-adhesive label seals the packing and identifies the IQlight kit
The contents of the IQlight® package:
• A manual with thorough instructions in English/Danish, English/German, English/French, English/Spanish, English/Italian
• A poster showing 22 different lamps assembled with the original standard IQ 100
• A sheet with 30 miniature modules perfect for practicing
• 30 modules of one of the sizes, ready to be assembled